USASA, Fort Dix provides execution guidance for unit-conducted and individual retirement ceremonies. Assist in
ensuring ceremonies reflect gratitude for the Soldier’s service to our nation.
- One-on-One individual Pre-Retirement briefings are by appointment only.
- Contact the Installation Retiree Council Chairman CSM (R) Joe Nolan by email
or call (908) 451-1758, to obtain information about the council or membership inquiries.
Retiree Council Meetings
- The Council meets quarterly, and all meetings are held on Saturdays.
Quarterly Pre-Retirement Briefings
- SFL-TAP Hosts a quarterly Pre-Retirement Transition Workshop. Contact SFL-TAP, (609) 562-1756, to reserve your seat for the next class.
Survivor Benefit Plan Counseling
- IAW AR 600-8-7 The SBP is the sole means by which survivors can receive a portion of military retired pay. Participation in
SBP allows retired members to voluntarily elect to receive reduced retired pay during their lifetime in order to provide a
portion of their retired pay as an annuity to their survivor(s) following the retired Soldier’s death. All Soldiers must
make an SBP election before retirement. Contact the RSO to schedule an appointment.
- Counsels Soldiers and family members concerning retirement rights, benefits, and privileges.
- Conducts one-on-one SBP counseling for all retiring Soldiers, and their family members.
- Conducts one-on-one (desk-side) Pre-Retirement briefings as needed.
- Assists retiring Soldiers and family members with completion of the DD Form 2656 (Data for Payment of Retired Personnel).
- Processes the DD Form 2656 electronically using TRANSPROC to the Department of Defense Finance and Accounting Services, Cleveland (DFAS-CL).
- Provides CSBIREDUX retirement pay option counseling, and processing of the CSBIREDUX pay option election form, DD Form
2839 (If assigned as the Installation CSBIREDUX Program Manager).
- Counsels and assists survivors of retired Soldiers, and Soldiers who die on active duty regarding their SBP options and
entitlements, and the proper processing of their SBP elections, which includes counseling on Department of Veterans Affairs
(VA) Dependency and Indemnity Compensation (DIC) and its relationship to SBP.
- Publishes mails retiree newsletters at least annually in coordination with the Joint Base.
- Publishes periodic articles for installation and local newspapers.
- Conducts an annual Retiree Appreciation Day (RAD)in coordination with the Joint Base.
- Provides information and filing assistance for the "Annuities for Certain Military Surviving Spouses"
-or ACMSS, also known as "Forgotten Widows."
- Provides information and assistance to Soldiers, spouses, and former spouses regarding the Uniformed Services Former Spouse's
Protection Act (USFSPA).
- Assists/advises retired Soldiers in understanding and applying for Combat-Related Special Compensation (CRSC).
- Provides information to retired Soldiers on Concurrent Retirement and Disability Payments (CRDP).
- Assists retired Soldiers and family members in obtaining: copies of lost documents (i.e., DD Form 214,
retirement orders, and medical records); re-issuance of military awards; and issuance of military ID Cards.
- Provides retired Soldiers and their families with information and referrals on a myriad of other benefits
entitlements including Veterans Affairs (VA), TRICARE medical dental, Social Security Medicare benefits, and others.
Other post-retirement Services
- View retired Soldier’s pay account
- View annuitants pay account
- Assists in obtaining New Jersey ARMY RETIRED License Plate.