- Counsels Soldiers and family members concerning retirement rights, benefits, and privileges.
- Conducts one-on-one SBP counseling for all retiring Soldiers, and their family members.
- Conducts one-on-one (desk-side) Pre-Retirement briefings as needed.
- Assists retiring Soldiers and family members with completion of the DD Form 2656 (Data for Payment of Retired
- Processes the DD Form 2656 electronically using TRANSPROC to the Department of Defense Finance and
Accounting Services, Cleveland (DFAS-CL).
- Provides CSBIREDUX retirement pay option counseling, and processing of the CSBIREDUX pay option election
form, DD Form 2839 (If assigned as the Installation CSBIREDUX Program Manager).
- Other services and related information (if assigned those duties) related to pre-retirement services, such as,
retirement application processing, retirement orders and DD Form 214 processing, and final out-processing