Other post-retirement Services
- Counsels and assists survivors of retired Soldiers, and Soldiers who die on active duty regarding their SBP options
and entitlements, and the proper processing of their SBP elections, which includes counseling on Department of
Veterans Affairs (VA) Dependency and Indemnity Compensation (DIC) and its relationship to SBP.
- Publishes mails retiree newsletters at least annually.
- Publishes periodic articles for installation and local newspapers.
- Conducts an annual Retiree Appreciation Day (RAD).
- Provides information and filing assistance for the "Annuities for Certain Military Surviving Spouses" -or ACMSS,
also known as "Forgotten Widows."
- Provides information and assistance to Soldiers, spouses, and former spouses regarding the Uniformed Services
Former Spouse's Protection Act (USFSPA).
- Assists/advises retired Soldiers in understanding and applying for Combat-Related Special Compensation (CRSC).
- Provides information to retired Soldiers on Concurrent Retirement and Disability Payments (CRDP).
- Assists retired Soldiers and family members in obtaining: copies of lost documents (i.e., DD Form 214, retirement
orders, and medical records); re-issuance of military awards; and issuance of military ID Cards.
- Provides retired Soldiers and their families with information and referrals on a myriad of other benefits entitlements including Veterans Affairs (VA), TRICARE medical dental; Social Security Medicare benefits; and others.
- View retired Soldier’s pay account
- View annuitants pay account
- Change allotments
- Change beneficiary information
- Change mailing address
- Change bank information
- Change tax filing and withholding status
- Request copies of the 1099-R form for tax filing purposes
- Request copies of the Retired Account Statement