FILING A HOUSEHOLD GOODS CLAIM AT FORT DIX
Welcome to the Fort Dix Military Community. Hopefully your personal property will arrive in the same condition as it left your last duty station. If it does not, and you suffer loss or damage in your household goods, then please observe the following guidelines. Failure to do so may result in your receiving less money than you would otherwise be entitled to.
FILING YOUR CLAIM UNDER THE FULL REPLACEMENT VALUE (FRV) PROGRAM
1. You are required to notify the carrier of all loss and damage to Transportation Service Provider (TSP) within 75 days of the delivery date.
2. If your shipment falls under the Defense Personal Property Program (DP3) than you will file in the Defense Property System (DPS) logging onto www.move.mil. There you can register, access and utilize the system. Notifying the TSP of loss or damage does not constitute filing a claim. You are required to file your claim in DPS and “SUBMIT” it to TSP within 9 months from the date of delivery to qualify for the FRV program. If you miss the 9 month deadline but have not exceeded 2 years, you can still file a claim however the TSP is only liable for the depreciated value of your goods.
3. The TSP shall pay, deny or make an offer within 60 days of receipt of a complete, substantiated claim. Once you accept the full or partial offer in DPS, the TSP will complete the payment within 30 days.
4. If you cannot reach a mutually acceptable settlement agreement with TSP, you may transfer the unsettled portion of your claim to the Military Claims Office (MCO). The MCO and DPS systems are not compatible therefore should you decide to transfer your claim to the MCO, please contact that office immediately.
5. Should you need to file your claim with the MCO, such will be submitted online through the Personnel Claims Army Information System (PCLAIMS) by accessing www.jagcnet.army.mil. Generally, AKO access or a CAC card is necessary to prepare and file claims online. In order to properly file your claim you will be asked to furnished are the following:
- DD FORM 1840/1840R
- DD FORM 1842
- DD FORM 1844
- Copy of orders
- Government Bill of Lading (GBL)
- Inventory sheets
- Purchase receipts / Replacement costs
- Estimates of repair
- Photos of damaged property
The above mentioned documents should be scanned and uploaded into your claim. If you do not have access to a scanner, documents can be mailed or hand carried to a military claims office, which will add them to your claim file. Once you have entered all of the necessary information, you will be asked to verify and submit your claim. It will be electronically sent to a MCO which will adjudicate the claim and arrange for payment as appropriate. You also will be asked to provide an email or telephone number so the claims office can contact you with any questions.
For further assistance, please call the Claims Office personnel during the regular working hours: Monday – Friday 0830-1630
Ms. Edyta Czerniak
Mr. Steven J. Fromm
The mailing address for the Fort Dix Claims Office is:
DEPARTMENT OF THE ARMY
ASA, FORT DIX
ATTN: IMDI-JA (CLAIMS)
5165 A MARYLAND AVENUE
FORT DIX, NJ 08640